When it comes to dieting many of you opt for 7 days, 10 days diet plans that are temporary and when you switch on to your daily routine again your weight increases. The issue is not the food you eat, but it’s all about your calorie intakes and how many calories do you take in a day.
It’s said that if you eat a balanced calorie diet and burn more than that you can achieve healthy and stable weight loss. For example, if you eat 1500 calories you need to burn 2000 Kcal in a day to lose 5 to 8Kgs in a day. Though we have made a 1200 calorie diet plan which is wholesome, filling and is entirely homemade food for which you do not have to do much ado as its very tiring making a special diet. So go with this healthy Indian diet plan.
Next question is why 1200 calories diet plan?
It is because 1200 to 1800 calories are the primary need of every human being. Though it varies depending on age, sex, weight, etc. this number is easy to overcome, I mean that you can quickly burn this amount of calories which will not lead to fat accumulation and overeating as this is our main motto to keep you fit and healthy without making you starve.
1200 Calorie Meal Indian Plan:
We have combined foods that are readily available and have also tried to make it varied so that you don’t feel boring while eating these foods. You can plan your diet according to your taste and availability as we have options for vegetarians as well as non-vegetarians.
Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water with a tbsp of honey and half lemon.
Breakfast: A glass of skimmed milk + an apple Or a glass of milk + Oatmeal Or Wheat bread sandwich + green tea Or Tea without sugar + 2 digestive biscuits + a bowl of upma Or 2 boiled eggs with a brown bread Or 2 scrambled eggs with 1 brown bread + a cup of skim milk.
Mid-Snack: Go for a bowl of mixed fruits like melon, grape, apple, etc.
Pick any two options: One for Lunch and one for Dinner
1st Option: 2 Rotis + 1 bowl vegetables + ½ bowl dal or 100 gms of chicken.
2nd Option: 1 Roti + ½ bowl dal + ½ bowl steamed rice, 1 bowl vegetables.
3rd Option: ½ bowl dal or 50 gms of fish + 1 bowl steamed rice + 1 bowl vegetables + ½ bowl raita.
4th Option: 2 Slices of brown bread + ½ bowl vegetables + ½ bowl sprouts salad + ½ bowl dal.
Evening mid-snack: Go for a glass of buttermilk.
That’s overall is going to be a 1200 calorie meal plan, but there are few things that you need to follow with this diet plan which is as follows:
- Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Take your lunch and dinner at time.
- When making vegetable and dal cut down oil and try making it with less amount of oil.
- Go for regular bowls.
- If you don’t feel fill up, you can have fruits and vegetables more (raw) like go for cucumber, carrots to fill you up.
- Do not skip meals.
- It’s better if you are eating non-vegetarian at one time go for a vegetarian meal for dinner.
- If you want more options go for other meal options and divide them in calories. Like 300 calorie meal for breakfast, 300 for lunch and 300 for dinner and the remaining 300 for mid afternoon & evening snacks.
- Go for small plates.
- Eat at regular intervals.
- Always try to make it healthy as much as possible.
- Take more protein and low carb diet but do not exclude carbs entirely as they are also essential for energy.
- Exercise with this diet or go for a 30-minute power walk.
Hope this diet will be fruitful for you. Next time you eat food, eat without trepidation just keep in mind you are eating healthy and try to count your calories. This will keep you update. I have a calorie counting app on my cell phone in which I feed whatever I eat, and it automatically shows and sums up calories, and I keep a check on my daily intakes. And don’t forget to give a treat to yourself; I cheat on this diet on Sundays. What’s your day?